I love quotes, and have always wanted to get all of my favorites
in one place. Here is a collection of the ones that I love the most.

Monday, August 10, 2009

C.S. Lewis

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world”

“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world”

“There is no neutral ground in the universe; every square inch, every split second, is claimed by God and counter-claimed by Satan”

“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.”

“Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.”

No comments: